Make Movies with iMovie for Windows Alternative
- Easy yet powerful movie making software - better than iMovie for Windows. It's Movavi Video Editor -- a must-have program for editing video in Windows.
- Make stunning slideshows in clicks with photos, video, music and voice over.
- Share videos with the world: Upload to YouTube or save in various formats.
- Easily import source videos from camcorders, VHS and TV-tuners for editing.
Operating Systems: Windows 10, Windows 8/Windows 7/Vista/XP/2000
Why You Need An iMovie for Windows Software
iMovie is the default video editing application for Mac OS X ONLY. It's created by Apple and used only in its own operating system Mac OS X. Apple hasn't released any Windows version of iMovie and it has not announced any scheduled plan to developed iMovie for PC. Actually, Apple won't earn money by selling iMovie for Windows. Instead, iMovie is and will only be a Mac exclusively application. This is one of Apple's strategies to attract more people to use their Mac machines.
So what's the best iMovie alternative to edit videos on a PC? Our recommendation is Movavi Video Editor. Why? Read on...
Powerful Video Editing Features Similar to iMovie
Every common video editing tool can be found in Movavi Video Editor. Some professional features like Chrome Key are also included.
- Merge, split, crop, rotate and enhance your video.
- Organize your video, audio and titles on user-friendly Timeline.
- Enhance your video with professional filters like Denoise, Brightness/Contrast, Chroma Key, Color Balance, and more.
- Edit 2D and 3D video on the Timeline.
Make Fancy Slideshows as Easy as 1-2-3
Weave your photos, videos and music into a stunning slideshow that surprises everyone.
- Add smooth and good-looking transitions and adjust durations individually.
- Every filmmaker will love Movavi's special effects which makes your videos totally different, ready to amaze your audiences.
- Choose from various title templates to tell an interesting story.
- Import video from DV/AVCHD camcorders, TV-tuners, web cameras and VHS and record audio from a microphone.
Your Movies, Your Ways to Share without Effort
You'll see all possible sharing ways in this iMovie for Windows software.
- Save video to your Windows PC in any format you want for playing anywhere.
- Upload to YouTube, Facebook and your website without leaving the program.
- Encode video with MPEG-4, MPEG, H.264, WMV, or FLV for better quality but smaller size.
- Burn your videos to DVD for watching on TV with your home DVD player.
Frequently Asked Questions on Video Editing
Keep in mind that this is NOT an official iMovie for Windows version made by Apple Inc. It's a universal video editing software for PC, with which you can edit videos on your new or old Windows computer. Below are the FAQs that many visitors have asked whether there are specific features in Movavi Video Editor - the best iMovie for PC alternative in our opinion.
- Is there a Slow Motion effect? -- Sure, over 40 effects including Slow Motion enhance your video instantly.
- Is Picture in Picture possible? -- Yes, simpler than iMovie, you just need to apply Picture in Picture effect to two pictures or two video files and resize them. View details here.
- Can I speed up/fast forward footage? -- Yes, see how to do it here.
- Is there a green screen effect/feature? -- Yes, Besides Green Screen, you also have Blue Screen and Pink Screen. See the tutorial here.
- Can I record screencast? -- The single Video Editor doesn't support screencasting, it requires Video Suite to do this and more, like Video Converter, Video Digitizer, Blu-ray Burner, etc.
- Is there movie trailer templates, flight map template? -- No.
- Is it free? -- It's free to try for 7 days (fully functional but outputs with watermark). When expires, you can decide to buy and activate it or uninstall it completely.
Easy Steps to Make Movies from Photo, Video and Music
Step 1: Import Your Video/Audio Files
Step 2: Edit Your Video or Make a Slideshow
Step 3: Share Your Masterpieces
How to Install, Use and Uninstall Movavi in Details >>